The Swiss Finance Institute PhD program in finance is a centrally coordinated program operating on multiple campuses. It builds on and strengthens the existing programs offered by the Swiss Finance Institute's partner universities based in Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich.
You are here
- Empirical Methods in Corporate Finance : Prof. Philip Valta / Prof. Boris Nikolov
- Financial Econometrics: Prof. Eric Jondeau
- Financial Institutions: Prof. Yuki Sato
- Game Theory: Prof. Tobias Dieler
- Information and Asset Pricing: Prof. Semyon Malamud
- International Finance: Prof. Harald Hau
- Mathematics for Financial Economics: Prof. Semyon Malamud
- Theoretical Corporate Finance: Prof. Erwan Morellec / Prof. Boris Nikolov
Swiss Finance Institute local PhD representatives at the Léman Center:
Pierre Collin-Dufresne is Full Professor of Finance at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne and has held an SFI Senior Chair since 2011. Prior to his appointment in Switzerland, he held a chair in Business at the Graduate School of Business at Columbia University. Prof. Collin-Dufresne has worked at Goldman Sachs Asset Management, where he was in charge of fixed income and credit trading strategies. He currently sits on the academic advisory boards of Lombard Odier and Kepos Capital (a US asset management firm). He also provides expert advice for Cornerstone Research, and serves on the editorial board of various academic journals. Prof. Collin-Dufresne was awarded the Amundi Smith Breeden Distinguished Paper Prize in 2015 for his paper Do Prices Reveal the Presence of Informed Trading?.
Norman Schürhoff is Full Professor of Finance at the University of Lausanne. He joined SFI in 2006 and has held an SFI Senior Chair since 2010. He obtained his PhD in Financial Economics from Carnegie Mellon University. Prof. Schürhoff’s work has been published in the top academic journals in finance.
Fabio Trojani is Full Professor of Finance at the Università della Svizzera italiana and has held an SFI Senior Chair since 2014. He graduated with a PhD in Economics and Finance from the University of Zurich. Prof. Trojani is a regular speaker at leading academic conferences in finance and econometrics.
Listen to Prof. Fabio Trojani speak about his research.
- Asset Pricing: Prof. Fabio Trojani
- Capital Markets and the Macroeconomy: Prof. Antonio Mele
- Corporate Finance I: Prof. François Degeorge
- Corporate Finance II: Prof. Laurent Frésard
- Econometrics: Prof. Patrick Gagliardini
- Empirical Asset Pricing I: Prof. Francesco Franzoni
- Information and Financial Markets: Prof. Antonio Mele
- Market Microstructure: Prof. Thierry Foucault / Prof. Albert J. Menkveld
- Quantitative Methods for Finance: Prof. Alberto Plazzi
- Time Series Analysis: Prof. Fabio Trojani / Prof. Patrick Gagliardini
For details of the courses please refer to the University of Lugano’s website: http://www.istfin.eco.usi.ch/dottorato.htm
Swiss Finance Institute local PhD representatives at the Lugano Center:
Francesco Franzoni is Full Professor of Finance at the Università della Svizzera italiana. He joined SFI in 2007 and has held an SFI Senior Chair since 2012. Prof. Franzoni obtained his PhD in Economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His research has been published in the top finance journals worldwide and has featured in the international press. He is a regular speaker at leading academic conferences on finance.
Listen to Prof. Francesco Franzoni speak about his research.
- Asset Pricing: Prof. Felix Kübler / Prof. Markus Leippold
- Banking and Contract Economics: Prof. Steven Ongena / Prof. Jean-Charles Rochet
- Corporate Finance: Prof. Alexander Wagner / Prof. Kjell G. Nyborg
- Econometrics for Research Students: Dr. Damian Kozbur
Swiss Finance Institute local PhD representatives at the Zurich Center:
Steven Ongena is Full Professor of Banking at the University of Zurich and has held an SFI Senior Chair since 2013. He graduated from the University of Oregon with a PhD in Economics. Prof. Ongena’s papers have been published in leading academic journals in finance and economics. He currently sits on the editorial boards of a number of finance journals.
Listen to Prof. Steven Ongena speak about his research.